The Legal Examiner Affiliate Network The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner search feed instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content
| Grewal Law, PLLC

The law in Michigan requires all drivers and owners of motor vehicles to carry No-Fault Insurance. But, the No-Fault Act established back in 1973 only requires us to carry a minimum of $20,000 to compensate individuals injured as a result of a negligence. That amount has never been increased and in todays dollars it is worth less than $2,500.

This amount is hardly enough to adequately compensate someone with a moderately serious injury, let alone a catastrophically injured person. What is even more concerning is the dramatically increasing population of people driving vehicles without any insurance coverage whatsoever. How can you protect yourself and your family from this growing concern? Before you are in an accident, make sure your No-Fault Insurance policy has uninsurance and underinsurance coverage.

* Not all automobile insurance companies offer this coverage
* It is the least expensive way to protect you and your family from negligent drivers who are inadequately insured or have no coverage at all
* Buy as much underinsurance and uninsurance insurance coverage as you can afford
* The higher the amount of coverage you purchase, the less it costs per dollar of coverage
* It will provide protection for you and your family in the event that a negligent driver either has no insurance or only the minimum policy required by law

Contact the Injury Board so they can put you in touch with a trained professional to evaluate your situation before you need the help.

For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Car and Motorcycle Accidents.

Comments are closed.