Since my last post on 6/2/16, I have been able to uncover more information about Dr. McClure. He goes by J. Miles McClure MD at times. His Mid-Michigan Heart & Vascular Centers are located in Mt. Pleasant, Saginaw, and Bad Axe. There are at least 5 prior medical malpractice lawsuits that have been filed against him dating back to 2002 and possibly as many as 6-8. There is at least one medical malpractice currently pending with Dr. McClure and his MVCI/Center PC as defendants and this doesn’t include his divorce proceeding initiated in 2004. In 2003 according to his CV/resume, he had hospital affiliations with St. Mary’s Medical Center, Covenant Medical Center, Mid-Michigan Regional Medical Center, and Bay Medical Center. Now only Marlette Regional Hospital, Huron Medical Center, and St. Mary’s of Michigan afford him privileges according to a Google search.
Now, based on court documents, I have read allegations of:
- McClure’s very serious alcohol problem, i.e. drinking every day;
- Numerous professional problems, e.g. preventable injuries to patients, numerous lawsuits, and complaints from patients;
- Trouble with obtaining and maintaining hospital credentials;
- Lack of professional supervision; and
- Periods of time when he lost self-control, logic, and decision-making power, including visiting a woman he wanted to date again after drinking multiple glasses of wine, then pulling her hair, pushing her around, throwing a glass of lemonade on her head, throwing a burning candle jar at her, breaking her cell phone, and pounding her head on the wall and floor. This behavior left her with clumps of hair pulled out, a broken nose, and a black eye.
Dr. McClure holds himself out to the community as an Interventional Cardiologist, which is a branch of cardiology that deals with catheter-based treatment of structural heart diseases, requiring the utmost care. Since my last post and with less than 6 minutes of TV air time,
I have been contacted by former Dr. McClure patients and family members suffering injuries like nerve damage, amputation, and death. The contacts have come to me by telephone (888-227-4770), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Church-Wyble-PC-186466508066467/), and even comments left on my post. One email closed with “This man has to be stopped!!!!!” I agree.
recently named in the 2009 edition of Best Lawyer's In America, David Mittleman has been representing seriously injured people since 1985. A partner with Church Wyble PC—a division of Grewal Law PLLC—Mr. Mittleman and his partners focus on medical malpractice, wrongful death, car accidents, slip and falls, nursing home injury, pharmacy/pharmacist negligence and disability claims.