School’s out for summer, days are longer, and adventure is calling. If your family is taking to the roadways this summer to enjoy some leisure time, be sure to spend some time reviewing this summer road trip checklist:
- Make sure your vehicle is in good, working order. This includes checking your oil and other fluids, hoses, belts, tires, brakes, lights, and battery.
- Pack an emergency kit. A well-equipped kit should include water, blankets, a flashlight (with extra batteries), jumper cables, a fully charged cell phone, and a first aid kit.
- Secure loose items in the vehicle. In the event of a crash or sudden stop, items can shift quickly and become high-energy missles.
- Get enough rest. Break up the trip and find a place to rest if you become drowsy.
- Do not drive distracted.
- Let friends and family know your travel plan, including your route, destination, and estimated time of arrival.
With a little bit of planning, a summer road trip can be safe and enjoyable. Get out and enjoy the weather!
Growing up in East Grand Rapids, Michigan, Nolan Erickson began working at Church Wyble PC in 2007 as a law clerk. Now as an attorney, Mr. Erickson has developed extensive experience with all phases of trial and pre-trial resolution of personal injury matters, including major auto accident, medical malpractice, and other serious injury cases.