Another fun summer is winding down and children are returning to school. As these young students fill the sidewalks and roadways to get to class, here are a few safety tips to avoid tragedy:
- As a motorist, be sure to obey all school speed zones.
- Never pass a bus that has its red lights flashing.
- Bikers should ride on the right-hand side of the road and obey traffic laws.
- Cyclists should always wear an appropriate helmet and highly visible clothing.
- Walkers should use a sidewalk whenever possible and cross only in designated areas.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, approximately 57 million children attend k-12 schools in the US. Although distance learning is on the rise, especially with the coronavirus pandemic continuing to disrupt education, many school districts will be attempting some form of in-person learning.
Growing up in East Grand Rapids, Michigan, Nolan Erickson began working at Church Wyble PC in 2007 as a law clerk. Now as an attorney with Grewal Law, Mr. Erickson has developed extensive experience with all phases of trial and pre-trial resolution of personal injury matters, including major auto accident, medical malpractice, and other serious injury cases.