04262017Headline:

Lansing, Michigan

HomeMichiganLansing

David Mittleman

Flint Water Crisis Has Me Boiling Over

Flint Water Treatment Plant Foreman Dead Matthew McFarland, age 43, was found dead by a friend at this home April 16, 2016, when the friend went to visit him.  An autopsy was conducted but did not determine the immediate cause […]

David Mittleman

Marijuana Vaping – Risky New Teen Trend?

You’ve probably heard a lot about “vaping,” the general term for using e-cigarettes and similar devices.  Manufacturers have been trying to position vaping as a safer alternative than actual cigarettes and as a tool to help current smokers quit.  Still, […]

David Mittleman

The Most Common Reasons for Visiting the ER in Summer and How to Avoid Them

Summer: Fun Time or Time to Visit the ER? Summer involves so many opportunities to relax and have a good time (and, of course, not such a good time with chores such as mowing the lawn).  But did you know […]

David Mittleman

Synthetic LSD Sends Three Virginia Teens to the Hospital

Teens Overdosing on New LSD-Like Drug You’ve probably heard of K2 by now, or the synthetic marijuana that also goes by the name “spice” that was allegedly a safer alternative to marijuana.  However, K2 was banned in Michigan in June […]

David Mittleman

Uptick in Number of Children Visiting ER After 2009 Medical Marijuana Law Passed

Uptick in Number of Children Visiting ER After 2009 Medical Marijuana Law

Although there seems to be an abundance of advocates for medical marijuana, medical professional say that treats…

David Mittleman

Student at University of Washington Forced to Drop Out Over Severe Peanut Allergy

Peanuts are no laughing matter for Kelsey Hough, a college student at the University of Washington, Tacoma. Her first year in college, the university took her allergy very seriously and posted…

David Mittleman

Michigan Based Ground Beef Linked to Salmonella Outbreak

If you've eaten ground beef in Michigan in the past few weeks, you might want to make sure your stomach isn't bothering you. Salmonella contamination was reported in the state, with 9…

David Mittleman

Cellphones Ten Times Dirtier Than Toilet Seats

When I've seen someone with a pen in their mouth, I've often asked do you know where that pen has been? Other times I've asked would you lick the bathroom floor? Pens are notoriously…

David Mittleman

Clover Sprouts at Jimmy John's Linked to E. coli Outbreak in Michigan

Have you eaten Jimmy John's lately? According to recent reports, several individuals were sickened as a result of consuming Jimmy John's sandwiches between February 6 and 12 with…

David Mittleman

Parking Lots Pose Health Risk to Young Children

When you think of harmful pollutants you might picture a smog filled sky or an oil slick, but the reality is that when it comes to cancer-causing agents, parking lots may be the worst offenders….